Some Ideas in writing a unique doctoral thesis
Making it past your undergraduate or masters career is commendable, but one is not out of the woods just yet. One should note if going to the doctoral level they will have to construct major papers like the doctoral thesis. This paper is one that any student at this level will need to complete before earning their degree and those letters PhD behind their name. If you're having a hard time writing a unique doctoral thesis this article is here to help you.
Where to begin
As lengthy as a doctoral thesis is one must choose a topic worthy of a readers attention. If you are having trouble coming up with topic ideas there a number of things you could do to generate a worthy topic.
1. You could start with your interest. IE if you are a computer science major and you like robotics, start there.
2. You can ask friends in the program what their interest are, or what subject they are going to utilize to base their paper off of.
3. Lastly, you can speak with a professional. One who is working in their dream job is preferable. You can ask them questions like, what they love about their job, or what they used as their doctoral thesis topic.
After you have chosen your topic there are two things one must do in order to reach success, or rather posses.
1. One must first plan ahead. Planning ahead will lead to a great paper, though lead to a short lived graduate career.
2. Second, one must posses perseverance.
Ideas on going about your doctoral thesis
1. Let it first be noted a doctoral thesis is a lengthy work based in critical thinking, not experimental data. It concentrates on principle rather than the facts of the matter.
2. All facts presented in the work needs to be backed by reference to a scholarly journal currently in publication.
3. One must note there are strict grammar rules when writing their thesis. The use of colloquialisms, slang, contractions, and jokes, are forbidden.
4. Likewise terms such as bad, good, nice, terrible should not be used in a formal document.
5. Be sure to write only in the present tense.
6. Be sure to only focus on the results of your study. Do not think in terms of people study, or the circumstance under why they were studied, as this is not important to the structure of your paper.