Writing An Argumentative Essay About Abortion
Are you in a class that has assigned a paper that is centered on abortion? If you have to write an argumentative essay on the topic of abortion, then you are in for a challenging road ahead. The subject of abortion is very challenging for many people to write about because of the fact that it is so controversial. When writing an argumentative essay, there are some guidelines that you will have to follow in order to make your point clearly and effectively. Some of the most important elements of writing an argumentative essay include:
- Research the given topic
- Collect and evaluate the evidence that you have found on the topic
- Write an effective and pointed thesis statement for the stance you have chosen to argue in your paper
- Include easily identifiable transition sentences from each paragraph to the next
- Support your argument with facts, not emotions or opinions
- Conclude your paper with a clear and concise conclusion statement that wraps up the thesis and evidence provided in a strong way
These are just a few parts of an argumentative essay that you will have to include in order for your paper to make a strong argument.
If you are writing about the subject of abortion, it is important to know going in to the paper, that you will be facing ridicule not matter what side of the argument you choose. There are people who are strongly for the right to be able to have an abortion, and then there are people who are adamant about the fact that they believe abortion should not even be an option. This is why it is so important for you to only support your argument with facts, and not opinions. Opinions can quickly be discredited, however, facts are harder to discredit. You will want to support the facts that you present in your argument with credible sources. This will make it even harder for someone to poke holes in your argument.
There are a number of important elements that you can address when you are writing an argumentative essay on abortion. Some of the most important elements that you will need to include are:
- The current laws on abortion today
- Cases where abortion has been a positive OR cases where abortion has been negative
- Cite constitutional rights or restrictions
- Reference the physical implications associated with getting an abortion
These are just a few of the ideas associated with the topic of abortion.